Thursday, October 2, 2008

They're back.............

John and Hogan made it out, actually John's buddy Derek had to bring his son Preston back home to finish out the week at school .So john decided to come home also, on his way I checked weather forecast for him, rain Friday and Saturday. With a quick wash of clothes, good shower and a lighter load he left again this morning. He is sure that with rain, deer will be out and around. They did see many doe's actually camped right by deer trail to the creek. They will camp in a different place this time, where a 70 yr old woman camped for a week or so, her son got his buck a week ago, she got one while john and Derek were there. Derek and Preston helped her pack it out, Derek was at her camp checking his ATV trailer they had parked nearby, and borrowing coffee. Can you image john without coffee !! the first day the used Folgers coffee singles bags from the bottom of Derek's overnight bag ( no doubt from a Holiday Inn ) overnights do have their advantages. Hogan stayed home this time, john said that he did great! as they walked, Hogan stayed right with him, liked to flush out quail, in doing so he also flushed out a few does, no bucks though...... we figured if hogan got excited and wanted to jump into the truck when john left he could go. He just kinda laid on the porch, thought he was going to wag his tail as john walked to the truck, but seemed too tired to make it over. He's gonna stay and make sure the homestead is safe for the weekend.

I have been a combination of bored, lonely, lazy and busy this week. I don't work until tomorrow after PT , it has been very nice not to have to get up and "get ready". I did go to church on Sunday and to Jeff Lomas's soccer game Monday. Just a mention to those of you who know Jeff, he is a Junior in High School now, so is on Varsity team at Golden Sierra. Some of us remember Jeff as a wiry 8 yr old hanging off tree's, and any other way he could find to be active and on the move. He's a forward, and has a pretty good scoring record.

Tonight I'm going to Dustin and Jamie's to watch VP Debate. Should be interesting, if not entertaining. Gotta love Joe..... I do need to finish up the baby towels I couldn't figure out how to put together for Jamie's baby shower, John reminded me how to do it, so I need to finish them up. If you have not gone to Dustin and Jamie's blog to see Katie's room, you need to go there and see what she's done. It is so cute and sweet looking I'd sure want my room to look like that.

This is the weekend that I am jealous of Casey for living in Birmingham. Nascar is at Talladega, and I wanna be there ! When we spent Christmas down there 2 years ago, we went out and did a tour of speedway, actually got to go on track bottom, the banking is too high for a tour van to go up on to. It was very cool, we gotta get down there for a race while Casey is there. Birmingham is about an hour from speedway. Forecast is great for the weekend, so I'll be tuned in, while I'm steam cleaning my carpets, my weekend project, Yee Haww !

We are expecting rain here this weekend, that will be very nice assuming that it is a good long rain, we do not need sprinkles that make mud on our cars. Maybe a early rain bodes well for our rain level this winter, and maybe the lakes will have water all next summer. Well, not Folsom I'm sure they'll come up with a reason to dump it out, kinda cynical but that's life in northern California for boaters, cynical and bitter........
I'll give you the rundown on the "hunt" early next week,
Love to all

No comments: