Friday, October 24, 2008

A Dirt Driveway, A Skunk, A Chevy Truck

Well, it has been a very long week, did some hard labor for work this week, completely resetting the big battery centers that are in sams clubs, did one by myself last week and two this week with another gal. It is amazing how much a case of D batteries weights. Oh well, good money making two weeks ! I worked until 10 ish last night so i could take day off today, so far not much accomplished but it's nice to just be here.

So here's the story, last night as i was coming up the driveway, that john had groomed beautifully last weekend, a little skunk slithered out from the side of driveway right at the place where you have to speed up to get momentum to get up the steep part. Well i had to either slow down or run over the skunk, after all my skunk travails i was not having my truck skunked ! so.... I was too slow to make it up the driveway, as i backed up (in the dark) I let the left side tires slide off the driveway.
After spinning gravel enough to put a nice grove on right side, i said "Too Hell With This" got my work stuff out and walked up the hill. Just like I always come home that way. Actually i slid down the hill, it's all pine needles and very dry dirt this time of year, as i got out of truck so my briefcase is a little dusty and my ego is a little bruised. I might have to take my Dale Jr. stickers off. I'm Not Worthy, I'm Not Worthy !
Hopefully John will be able to pull it out with his superduper ford 4x4. I say that with humility because I give him a very hard time cause i have to give his truck a jump fairly often, he always has battery issues.
So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Actually our neighbors at the bottom of the hill called this morning to make sure i was o.k. that's kinda nice.
Weather is beautiful, watching finches at the bird feeder, it should be close to 80 today ! not bad for October....
See ya in the funny papers, I'm going to look for a mean far side cartoon about skunks !

1 comment:

Jay and Janelle said...

this story is crazy! i'm glad you're okay, thats scary to think about rolling backwards in the dark on your driveway...not to mention what the skunk might have done to you when you got out of the car.:) he was smart to stay away...
i wish i was up there watching the finches with you...we can't wait for thanksgiving, we really miss you guys! not to mention it'll be a much needed break from school.:)
hopefully i'll get a chance to call you soon...looking forward to seeing you.
-janelle