Monday, September 22, 2008

Been A While..............

It's been a few weeks since I've posted, so I thought I better update, lest anyone think I fell or jumped off the end of the earth. I didn't. Last week I had my "nerve deadening" shot. Here's the long version. I was told to arrive at the surgery center in Roseville at 1:15 p.m. for a 2:15 procedure. I was directed to stop eating or drinking at 7 a.m as I was going to have conscious sedation. I got up at 6:30 to drink a cup of coffee, and eat a muffin. So we arrive, yes I had to have a driver, on time and they take me back pretty quickly. The nurse does her pre procedure work, BP,Temp etc. As she was getting ready t0 put IV in for conscious sedation, the doctor was at the next cubicle and leans over to say, oh, she doesn't need that, she's just here cause we're using a bio hazard for her injection ( phenol). So there I am, no eat or drink and no concision sedation. Just 2 pair of socks, and a gown that ties in the back. So i start to notice patients come and go while i still lay there. Next i hear Dr tell nurses that he wants to take me last, cause the phenol stinks, and they don't want it to stink up the room for other patients . So I finally get wheeled in at 5 min to 3 and am back in the "recovery" room by 3 min to 3. So it really comes down to dopey receptionist at Dr's. office that ask me without knowing what she was talking about, if i wanted conscious sedation or not. And yes, i could have driven myself home and dad could have worked a full day. So........end result; my leg still hurts, no real relief and i will be much wiser next time we schedule one of these.
As most of you know dad/john is going on a long hunting trip this weekend. He and his friend Derek will be going up Friday and staying thru the next Sunday. He's getting lists checked off and everything ready. He will probably be taking Hogan our most recent dog acquisition, see dog blog for details.
Over the weekend, Jamie had her baby shower, it was very fun and good to see her family again. Her friends Elizabeth and Amy did a great job, Elizabeth's step-grandma did the food. Man was it good. The game of guess what kind of chocolate is in the diaper. Oh my, that one was a rough go ! She got a lot of cute and pink things . She also bought a bassinet and a dresser/changing table over the weekend. Katie's room is sure looking cute !!!!
I guess I should head over to dog blog, and catch up there.
See Ya.............
Bev

No comments: